More details emerging plus public exhibition scheduled for Tuesday 29th May from 12 til 8pm
UPDATE: The developers have also made a change to their website, replacing the original content with a holding page containing similar information.
Councillor Daniel Stevens has just put up a post on his blog which is copied here in full:
After a long period of silence, it would appear things are moving again on proposals to redevelop Wilmer Place.
An application has not been submitted but we have been told that the following revisions have been made to the original plans:
- Increasing the number of flats on site and including a larger number of family sized homes
- Increasing the provision of affordable housing
- Reducing the size of the retail unit by 33%
- Removal of the basement car park with no car parking on site apart from allowing for disabled car parking
- Removing vehicle access off Stoke Newington High Street
- Reducing vehicle movements along Wilmer Place from 400 two-way unregulated movements per day to a maximum of 30 two-way regulated movements per day
- Restricing the size of delivery vehicle to a maximum of 11m
- Retaining the buildings on Stoke Newington High Street that were previously proposed for demolition
- Increasing the landscaped area between the development and the cemetery
As you may remember, we pressed for assurances that there would be another public exhibition from Newmark Properties and Sainsbury’s before a formal planning application was submitted. We have been told today that this public exhibition will now be held on site on Tuesday 29th May 2012 between 12pm-8pm.
We are meeting with Newmark Properties next week to find out more about their latest plans. If you have any comments on the proposed revisions listed above, please email them firstname.lastname@example.org.
So the exhibition is in less than two weeks and it's on a Tuesday. Please spread the word so that as many people as possible can go and check out the revised proposals for themselves.
We will be there and will get as much information as possible to post here so if you don't manage to make it down you can get up to speed on how things are developing.